Sunday, September 29, 2013

Eminem's Berzerk, A Brief Review

Produced by the legendary Rick Rubin (99 Problems for Jay-Z), 'Berzerk" is a hip-hop goldmine of classical rap, bewilderingly anarchistic and gleefully giddy.

The feedback in the beginning threw me for a bit of a loop before catapulting us into the track full-force. Sampling the Beastie Boys 'The New Style' and 'Fight for Your Right', as well as the Billy Squier's 'The Stroke', Eminem is clearly shown he hasn't passed his prime.

Oddly, the first time James sent me a link to this track, I wasn't feeling it. Mostly because of everything I wrote above. It's old school, aggressive, full of piss and vinegar. I simply wasn't expecting this from Eminem. Now, I'm in love with the track.

The chorus is beastly, pure bombastic hip-hop, jamming like it's got nothing else to do. Fierce, aggressive, and in love with the past, 'Berzerk' is simply a beast of a track. I'm now fully pumped for Em's next single.

Five Stars out of Five.

--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment