Friday, February 24, 2012

Christians & the Soul: Nancey Murphy lecture

I found this to be fascinating. I have Alex and Colin to thank for handing this off to me. Nancey Murphy is a Christian philosopher as well as a physicalist, in that she believes that human beings do not possess an immortal soul. She is Professor of Christian Philosophy at Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA. She received the B.A. from Creighton University(philosophy and psychology) in 1973, the Ph.D. from University of California, Berkeley (philosophy of science) in 1980, and the Th.D. from the Graduate Theological Union (theology) in 1987.


You should check her out. 

Much could be said, but I think listening to the lecture itself is fascinating. I'm doing it right now. White wine helps.

Radio Lecture

--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment