Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Christians & "Strange Flesh"

Tony Jones offered this post in support of same-sex marriage. I don't agree with a lot of his theology or politics, but I always value an alternative opinion to my own.

Tony Jones

Not certain about the exegesis. At all. Thoughts?

Another possibly related point. Many folks exegete the 'homosexuality' passages in an odd way, saying they are about abuse. I'm not certain this works, but I'm glad now I have an excuse to be proven wrong.

Another thing, many folks appeal to Jesus's very words, of which there seem to be none, in support of the homosexual lifestyle. However, that's an appeal to silence I think.

Sigh. I guess I just need to knuckle down and do the research.

To the future!

--Nick

2 comments:

  1. it'll be interesting to find out which books and authors are the better ones on the same sex debate.

    I can tell you though, you really should read "the pink agenda" as part of you research.

    cheers mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. II'm currently trying to sort through the chaff. Most of the "debate" seems to be people miles away yelling at each other. I might just start grabbing books and see where it all leads.

      The ideas of "abuse" have been mentioned before by Gay Christians, and I'm wondering if there is some merit to these comments.

      Will look into "The Pink Agenda." Thanks, mate!

      --Nick

      Delete