Monday, February 27, 2012

Roger Olson, "Regarding Old Testament 'Texts of Terror'"

A very incisive look into distinctions made in both hermeneutics and historicity.


"Recently I reported and commented on a conversation with a Ph.D. student (not of the institution where I teach) who confronted me about “inclusivism” and the fact that he would not bother to risk his life in missions if he thought God had provided any other way by which people could come to know his grace and mercy unto salvation than hearing and believing the gospel of Jesus Christ (restrictivism). My point in reporting and commenting on that conversation was not to pick on that individual; it was to respond to a recurring theme in numerous conversation I’ve had with conservative Christians who claim that any belief other than restrictivism undermines evangelism and missions." --Olson


Continue below.


Texts of Terror


--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment