Sunday, February 26, 2012

What's Wrong with Boys? (1)

I reread my girlfriend's post on childhood, and think it is interesting. Of course, I am biased. 


Teaser: In the past I have mentioned some of my concerns about how young boys are treated in the classroom in the U.S. and are often expected to act like little girls. I have other concerns as well though. What about the tendency for then to be taught by other portions of society that identity is to found in violence and a corrupt sexuality that exploits women and themselves? In the following posts I will consider some of my experiences with working with boys as well share what I learned from the documentary Raising Cain: Exploring the Inner Lives of American Boys. . . . . 


To read the rest,


What's Wrong with Boys? (1)


Enjoy!


--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment