Monday, April 2, 2012

Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs?



Even if this was an elaborate April Fool's Day hoax, I think the idea has merit. Seriously.

I'm thinking I could support this, provided Kutcher brings his A-Game. Although, the director of "Swing Vote" is directing. Not certain this is particularly wise. I thought "Swing Vote" was passably amusing, but overall a disappointment in relation to it's somewhat interesting premise.

Looks like a potential battle between Sony's version based on Walter Isaacson's authorized biography, and I imagine a more A-List studio system. Imagine Ridley Scott or Clint Eastwood.

Okay, allow me to dream. Screenwriters of choice:

John Logan (Gladiator, The Aviator).

Steven Knight (Eastern Promises).

Shane Black (Lethal Weapon, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang).

Yes. Shane Black.

Okay, directors:

Ridley Scott. Clint Eastwood. Paul Thomas Anderson.

Moving on. Dream over.


So, we have two factions, one studio and one indie, and now it seems to be another race to release date. See Chris Nolan/Martin Scorsese' race over Howard Hughes. Nolan has to stop production simply because Marty's flick was going to finish first. Also, if my memory serves me correctly, Nolan wanted Jim Carey as Howard Hughes.

Either way, I think Kutcher looks like Jobs, and I think he could pull it off. His voice may need work, but I'm confident that with modern technology and plenty of hard drugs, Ashton could sound like Bale's Batman in no time.

Hollywood Reporter

IMDB

--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment