Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hopped and Bothered; Rogue Chocolate Stout

Rogue -- Chocolate Stout
Alcohol content 6%. The aroma almost hissed at me when I pried the cap off. Instant chocolate and bittersweet happiness. It pours a viscous black, with a thin dark head. The smell only increases.

I apologize if it sounds like I'm beginning the writings of an erotic fan fiction novel, but it is THAT good. Trust me.

Anyway.

The first sip is heaven. Sweet. Creamy. Chocolate. Gives way to a burnt and hoppy finish, almost akin to an ale. Getting hints of oat and pine. Very subtle and complex. The chocolate takes center stage, but is secure enough in it's ability to allow other acts to hop on board.

Buy if: do you need any better reason than "awesome chocolate beer?"

Overall: both intense and sweet, this chocolate stout has won my heart, and I will pursue her like God's justice until she is in my stomach.

5 out of 5.

--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment